Friday, March 30, 2012

03/30/2012 Fibromyalgia

Called the doctor this morning, as Friday's are his unscheduled days -you call and see if you can get an appt.  It's a strange place.  Went in this morning with my laundry-list of "the crap that is bothering me right now".  Did some questionnaire, was asked alot of questions, was poked and prodded, etc.  Guess what, the winner is...  Fibromyalgia!  He was pressing on certain parts of my body, and it felt like he was trying to ram his thumb through my knee/collarbone/etc.  I was freaking yelping out in pain.  Found out it was not alot of pressure -the parts of my legs/arms/etc that arent affected were fine with the pressure.

Im starting the RX tonight, starts at 25mg for 7 days, then doubles for the next 7, triples for the next 7, then you wind up 4pills/day or go to a larger dose.  The main bad reaction is a horrible rash that may lead to hospitalization.  The way my brother and I are with side effects, Im a bit worried... but it has been 48minutes and all seems good so far! He also gave me something to help with sleep.  you have to cut the pill into thirds... the dose seems very small.  Took that right after the first pill, still pretty awake.  We will see.  I just want to not be in all of this freakin pain.

I posted it on fb of course, and have been getting some advice from friends.  So I set up an acupuncture appointment for 4/9 also.

Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment